A Typical Summer Day at PIA
Partners In Adventure offers five sessions of summer camp. Each session is structured so that no two days are the same! Every days offers an adapted adventure such as: Ziplining, Horseback Riding, Sailing, Archery, Rock Climbing, Hiking, African Dance, Yoga, Hip Hop, art and nature projects, and much more.
All activities are lead by trained professionals.
- 8:30 – 9:00AM: Arrive at camp.
- 9:00AM: Morning Circle, where we get to know each other, talk about the day’s plans, and sing songs!
- 9:30AM: Drive to the Partners In Adventure adaptive garden to give it water and collect vegetables, or head to a local farm to pick berries.
- 11:00AM: Campers work on fine motor skills as we create and eat snacks like fruit sushi and vegetable faces, using foods gathered earlier.
- 11:30AM: Outdoor Games such as kickball, balloon tennis, bocce ball, minute to win it, giant lawn jenga, and scavenger hunts.
- 12:00PM: Lunch and Free Time. Eat inside or join PIA staff on picnic blankets under a shaded tree.
- 12:45PM: Pack up and head to the Burlington Waterfront for an afternoon of fully adaptive sailing. Our boats are equipped with specialized seats and harnesses. There is an adaptive helm so that campers of any ability can steer the sailboat on Lake Champlain! Campers can swim, take a walk on the bike path, watch boats or play board games.
- 3:30PM: At Goodbye Circle we talk about highlights of the day, discuss tomorrow’s adventures, and sing more songs.
- 4:00PM: Pick up time for campers.